Improving energy efficiency is continuous process at Varma. Varma is participating to national energy efficiency contract since year 2011 and contract obligates Varma for energy savings of 6%
until year 2016. Reaching these goals reduces significantly also carbon dioxide emissions. Varma's facilities have over 2 million square meters and even small changes in energy consumption can have major effect on carbon dioxide emissions.
- Caverion takes care of technical facility management of Varma facilities including real estate administration and technical maintenance.
- We help Varma to streamline their real estate administration and create new solutions to improve energy efficiency in the properties.
- Nearly all properties of Varma are connected to Caverion Control Room. Building services are adjusted to optimal level 24/7 and energy consumption is being measured continuously to reach the targets.
- Caverion has taken part of creating energy saving strategy for Varma. Actions to reduce carbon dioxide emissions is part of the strategy.
- 500 energy reduction measures have been taken between years 2011-2015
- Yearly energy savings of 500,000 €. Savings correspond to yearly energy cost of 470 private houses with electric heating
- 70% of the target savings (6% energy savings by the year 2016) has been reached in only 2 years.
- Carbon footprint of facilities was 42 000 t/CO2 year 2011. This corresponds to yearly energy cost of 10 000 private houses with electric heating. Reduction of carbon footprint has been 1 800 tonnes between years 2011-2013.
Facts of the agreement
Contract covers 82 properties with gross floor area of approx. 982,000 square meters.
Facts of Caverion's solutions
- Technical facility management
- Real-estate administration and technical maintenance
- Control Room
- Energy saving and energy management